Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Precautions

This afternoon, the gals of the family (me, my older sister Celine, and my mother who is, for some reason, collectively known by almost all of our acquaintances as Mamas, opposite my father, Papas) were forced to receive a vaccination for cervical cancer. This was the second time for me and my sister, since we had our first dose about a month ago. We'll be having the third and last, 6 months from now. For Mamas, on the other hand, it was the first dose because she was only recently notified that even she, despite her age (not to be disclosed publicly xD), needs it.

Although there is no history in our family of cervical cancer and other related diseases, the doctors still thought it crucial that we receive the vaccinations for the purpose of complete protection.

For all the gals out there, married or not, active or inactive, have yourselves vaccinated. This isn't an advertisement. Women ages 9-45 years are most vulnerable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home